Manage the accounting operations and process for a SA family owned business. Help improve and implement changes to enhance commercial decision making.
Randstad is inviting applications from experienced Accountants for a permanent opportunity. Our client is an SA Based company with a strong footprint in the SA and interstate market. This position will be reporting to the Group Accountant and is responsible for managing the accounting operations and process for one of their business units.
About the opportunity:
This position is an integral component of the accounting team; you will be driving system improvements and implementation of ERP system, supporting management to analyse and report financial data and variance analysis. You will be commercially minded with an inquisitive nature, a drive to investigate and seek improvement and resolve issues.
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Effective management and support of A/P and A/R
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of monthly management report
- Provide analytical review of month end results and reporting analysis
- Preparation of compliance and statutory returns/work papers
- Ensure Accounts are compliant with Accounting Standards and Balance sheet accounts fully reconciled
- Responsible for the preparation of EOFY accounts and tax information for external accountant
- Initiate and drive business process and system improvement
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CA/CPA qualified preferred
- Minimum 5 years finance/commercial experience
- Previous involvement in ERP system implementation/upgrade
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SAP Business One software will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
To apply please submit an up to date CV via the ‘Apply for this job’ button. Initial (confidential) inquiries can be made during business hours to Belinda Wallace on 08 8468 8004.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Management reporting, Budget preparation, Reporting analysis, Accounting standards, System improvement
Relevant Degree – Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field