- The role is accountable for project accounting, both costs and benefits, across the group.
- Ensure the treatment of opex vs capex in project is correct.
- Ensure the integrity of project financials (actuals, forecast and plan) in SAP.
- Maintain project finance tracker for each project and work with Project Managers to ensure accurate accruals and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets and corporate plans.
- Assist Project / Portfolio Managers and / or Business Managers in the development of business case costs and benefits.
- Proactively follow up issues, as required.
- Attend monthly project / program / portfolio meetings, as required.
- Understand project risks and opportunities, and how they relate to project budgets/forecasts.
- Identify savings opportunity and track implementation success.
- Maintain strong understanding of business unit activities and strategy.
- Prepare month end reports on project / program / portfolio performance for use by key stakeholders.
- Provide analysis and insights of both costs and benefits against budget / forecast for inclusion in monthly reports.
- Effectively communicate project cost and benefits insights to influence project / business decision making.
- Develop robust financial modelling to support business case and tender responses.
- Stress test financial modelling undertaken by business or external parties.
- Contribute to the development of robust processes to ensure data quality and accuracy.
- Deliver continuous improvement initiatives for the Project Accounting Finance team and the Commercial Finance team.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders to enhance forecasting and cost control outcomes.
- Ensure effective stakeholder relationships with timely delivery of analysis.
- Provide a proactive approach to financial problem solving and decision making.
- Provide advice and support to Business Unit Leadership Teams (Strategy Delivery Office, PAC and Commercial Finance) for project finance related matters.
- Review and challenge existing processes to drive continuous improvement and cost efficiency
- Participate and implement change initiatives, as required.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Capex;Project / Management Accounting; Cost control; Budgeting; CA or CPA; SAP
– CPA / CA
– Sound knowledge of the health care and /or insurance industry is highly desirable